“I love what I do. I take great pride in what I do. And I can’t do something halfway, three-quarters, nine-tenths. If I’m going to do something, I go all the way.”
Guess who made this statement.
If your answer is Tom Cruise, you have guessed it right.
Tom Cruise is one of the world’s most famous personalities and is known for his iconic roles. With a reported net worth of $600 million, the Hollywood actor and Scientologist is also one of the richest stars in the world. Over the years, Tom Cruise has built up a splendid real estate portfolio. From Beverly Hills to a country house in the UK, in this article, we look into his impressive portfolio, which includes properties that he once owned and sold subsequently. Read on to know more.
1. Hollywood Hills Mansion
Constructed in 2004, this property, pervaded by a retro charm, was inspired by the country estates found in Tuscany, Italy. Located along Mulholland Drive, this mansion lies in the core of a splendid 2.5-acre estate overlooking the Sunset Strip and Hollywood Hills. The entire estate was redesigned, likely by Tom Cruise, in 2006 and features wide-plank wood floors and Venetian plaster walls. The property boasts three en suite bedrooms and comes with brightly illumined living spaces with vaulted ceilings and European-styled decor. There seem to be other interesting elements, including an attractive chef’s kitchen, alfresco dining terraces, and a three-acre garden with a lagoon-style pool. Moreover, the extensive use of glass windows permits a sweeping 180- degree view across Los Angeles. This property also has a self-contained, four-bedroom guesthouse. This former property of Tom Cruise was priced at a hefty $13 million.
2. Beverly Hills mansion
Constructed in 1937, Tom Cruise owned this mansion for almost a decade. The estate boasts seven bedrooms and nine bathrooms. Moreover, it offers a sprawling 10,286 square feet of luxurious living space and also comes with it a backyard and a large swimming pool. It also features a tennis court, a children’s playground, and guesthouses. The secluded nature of the mansion offers much privacy away from the limelight. The Hollywood star sold his Beverly Hills mansion for USD 40 million. This was the second home in Los Angeles that he sold in less than a year after he sold his Hollywood Hills estate for USD 11.4 million. Tom Cruise bought the house for USD 32.5 million in 2007 and originally put the house on the market for USD 45 million.
3. Tom Cruise’s secluded ranch, Colorado
Tom Cruise’s vacation home in Colorado hit the market for $39.5 million in March 2021. The place brags a perfect hiking spot and is fully covered by rolling mountains all around. It has splendid mountain views that are enjoyed from the balcony and the patios of the property. Stretching across a massive 320 acres, Tom cruise bought this Colorado plot in the early 1990s. This 10,000 square feet property boasts vaulted ceilings, floor-to-ceiling fireplaces, and magnificent alpine views. The interiors seamlessly reflect neutral colour tones and have cedar timbers along with native stones. The mansion possesses a large-sized dining space that includes the dining area of both the main and guest house. Other amenities in the property include a fitness center, a state-of-the-art security system, a snowmelt system, a wet bar, and underfloor heating. Moreover, there is a separate three-bedroom lodge in addition to the main residence.
4. Tom Cruise’s English estate, West Sussex, UK
Called Rede place, Tom Cruise spent $4.2 million on this magnificent country estate in West Sussex. Sprawling over 14 acres of land, the country mansion has an interior area of 11,331-square feet. The property was built in 2003 which likely makes Tom Cruise one of its first owners. Despite its age, what we see here in this property reflects fascinating architectural features. It has a total of eight bedrooms and five bathrooms, divided between the main house and a separate, self-contained guest pavilion. The interior of the mansion is bright and dramatic and seamlessly blends modern state-of-the-art elements and traditional architectural elements.
The basement level consists of a movie theatre, games room, and dance studio with a sprung floor. There are many living rooms and a light-filled kitchen that opens into a garden. A grand master suite with a private sitting room can be found on the top floor. The mansion lies well protected behind electric security gates and is equipped with CCTV. Other features include manicured gardens, a swimming pool, hot tub, and tennis court.
5. Tom Cruise’s Clearwater penthouse, Florida
In 2017, Tom Cruise bought a two-storey penthouse apartment in the city of Clearwater, Florida. In 2017, Tom Cruise bought a two-storey penthouse apartment in the city of Clearwater, Florida. The apartment structure, known as The SkyView, was built by the Mexican property developer Moises Agami, one of the world’s richest Scientologists. It is a 10-storey structure with 36 apartments, and the Hollywood actor occupies the top 2 floors. The penthouse boasts unparalleled views across the city and also possesses a roof deck, a 39-foot infinity pool, solarium, hot tub, and bar. The penthouse features a passageway leading to a secret smaller condo on the second floor that contains a gym, office, and a flight simulator. What is special here is that the penthouse comes with a nine-car parking space and a private car elevator.
- loveproperty.com. (n.d.). Inside Tom Cruise’s houses: from Hollywood mega-mansion to Scientology retreat. [online] Available at: https://www.loveproperty.com/gallerylist/112333/tom-cruises-houses-hollywood-mega-mansion-to-scientology-retreat.
2. Tonelli, L. (2021). See Inside Tom Cruise’s Colorado Mountain Ranch, Which Just Sold for $39.5 Million. [online] Town & Country. Available at: https://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/real-estate/g35915933/tom-cruise-colorado-ranch-for-sale/ [Accessed 30 Apr. 2022].
3. SY Blog. (2022). Tom Cruise’s House: A Luxurious Real Estate Portfolio. [online] Available at: https://www.squareyards.com/blog/tom-cruises-house-celebhm [Accessed 30 Apr. 2022].
- Nast, C. (2018). Tom Cruise invites us inside this posh penthouse in Florida. [online] Architectural Digest India. Available at: https://www.architecturaldigest.in/content/tom-cruise-mission-impossible-florida-penthouse/ [Accessed 30 Apr. 2022].
- Gao, L. (2021). Where Does Tom Cruise Live And How Big Is His House? – Nicki Swift. [online] NickiSwift.com. Available at: https://www.nickiswift.com/634792/where-does-tom-cruise-live-and-how-big-is-his-house/ [Accessed 30 Apr. 2022].
- Luxatic. (2015). Tom Cruise is Selling His Hollywood Hills Mansion for $13 Million. [online] Available at: https://luxatic.com/tom-cruise-is-selling-his-hollywood-hills-mansion-for-13-million/ [Accessed 30 Apr. 2022].
- The Indian Express. (2016). Tom Cruise sells Beverly Hills mansion. [online] Available at: https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/hollywood/tom-cruise-sells-beverly-hills-mansion-2808511/ [Accessed 30 Apr. 2022].
- BrainyQuote. (n.d.). Tom Cruise Quotes. [online] Available at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/tom-cruise-quotes [Accessed 30 Apr. 2022].